Sunday, April 11, 2010

Preparation for 2011 Begins!

2010 was a huge success! Attendees raved about what outstanding presenters we had, and how excited they were to pitch to some of Hollywood's biggest production companies and studios.

But as for me, I'm exhausted. It took two weeks for me to catch on my sleep. And now the work for the 2011 Expo begins. The new dates for 2011 are March 25, 26, 27 AND listen closely folks, we are going to be adding a "boot camp" for writers and actors on the Monday through Thursday prior to the Expo. Actors will be able to spend four days with some of Hollywood's best acting coaches: Howard Fine, and Scott Sedita, while writers will be able to mentor with such luminaries as Bobby Moresco, James Dalessandro, and Dave Trottier. Pretty exciting, huh?

As we get closer to summer, I should have more information for those of you that are interested.

A new presenter who has confirmed for 2011 is Emmy-winner, Ellen Sandler - writer and/or executive producer for some of Television's biggest comedies: Taxi, Coach, and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Ellen has also agreed to hold a NCS workshop on "Writing for Television" sometime in the Fall.

As I work tirelessly to provide the very best talent for the 2011 Expo, I'd like to know who you would like for me to invite. Kelsey Grammer, Lawrence Kasdan, Carrie Fisher, Anne Paquin, Stephen Moyer, and Sylvester Stallone have all been invited so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll be able to join us!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My e-mail address is: anne@norcalscreenwriters.com

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's just me, but all of the links I click on to get to the "norcal screenwriters website" transfer over to some British business news site featuring "RyanAir" or something like that... What's up with that????

    ReplyDelete